top of page
This community is here to be a safe and fun way for us all to connect, explore and hopefully create great friendships along the way. Having some guidelines can help us make this a positive experience for everyone involved.
Our Guidelines: (please read and respect them)
1. Please respect the group's time and don't be late. We'll wait up to 10 minutes to allow for transportation mishaps, but we hope you'll understand that we can't wait longer.
2. Please respect your RSVP. We know things change, just let us know! If you miss 3 events you've RSVP'd yes to, you'll be removed from the group.
3. Your beliefs are your own, not everyone has to share them. Feel free to express them, but please don't impose them.
4. Keep conversations light. Don't overload people with negative conversations.
5. Group pictures will be posted online. If you don't want your pictures shared, the safest way would be to opt out of the group pictures.
Despite precautions being taken by ArabsVan, accidents and injuries may occur.
I/we agree to release from responsibility ArabsVan, including any teachers, staff members, volunteers and facilities used by both entities from any cause of action, claims, or demands now and in the future.
I/we will not hold ArabsVan liable for any personal injury including: scrapes, bruises, cuts, sprains, fractures, broken bones, concussions or death or any personal property damage/loss, which may occur on the premises before, during or after events.
Furthermore, I/we agree to obey the events and facility rules and take full responsibility for my/our actions in addition to any damage I/we may cause to the facilities utilized by ArabsVan.
ArabsVan reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken at any event, class/course, or workshop, without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph/video. ArabsVan may use the photograph/video in publications or other medial material produced, used or contracted by ArabsVan including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc. To ensure the privacy of individuals and children, images will not be identified using full names or personal identifying information without written approval from the photographed subject, parent or legal guardian. A person attending an ArabsVan event, class/course, or workshop who does not wish to have their image recorded for distribution should make their wishes known to the photographer, and/or the event, class/course, workshop host/teacher.
By participating in an ArabsVan event or by failing to notify ArabsVan, in writing, your desire to not have your photograph/video used, you are agreeing to release, defend, hold harmless and indemnify ArabsVan from any and all claims involving the use of your picture or likeness.
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
While participating in events held or sponsored by ArabsVan consistent with guidelines, participants are encouraged to practice hand hygiene and social distancing to reduce the risks of exposure to COVID-19. ArabsVan has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, ArabsVan cannot guarantee that its participants, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19.
Please do not attend events if you believe you may have been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
RELEASE AND WAIVER.
I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE AGAINST ArabsVan AND ITS AFFILIATED PARTNERS AND SPONSORS, INCLUDING IN EACH CASE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR LOSSES CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, FAULT OR CONDUCT OF ANY KIND ON THE PART OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEATH, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, ECONOMIC LOSS OR OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, WHICH I, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNEES, NEXT OF KIN AND/OR LEGALLY APPOINTED OR DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVES, MAY HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREINAFTER ACCRUE ON MY BEHALF, WHICH ARISE OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE FROM MY PARTICIPATION WITH THE ACTIVITY.
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK. I acknowledge and understand the following:
1. Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist;
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties; and
3. I hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm and loss associated with the Activity, including any injury, harm and loss caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties.
bottom of page